31 March 2012

How to: Hair Bleaching

MIGI and I had just discovered how to bleach hair in 5 easy steps. Here's how:

1. Prepare the materials/equipment

   - Bleaching powder
   - 12% oxidizing lotion/solution

Both were bought in HBC. Just mix the powder and solution in bowl and mix thoroughly.

- Mixing bowl
- Brush/comb
- Personal protective equipment (goggles, mask, gloves)
Since I have no available PPEs at the moment, I tried to be resourceful and used nerd glasses as goggles and a shower band as mask.

2. Prepare hair.
Since my brother has curly hair, I ironed it first for easier bleach application.

3. Apply the bleaching solution on hair.
I don't know the proper way to apply the solution but what I did was to cover the entire hair tips first then the roots.

4. Wait for 15-20 minutes or until desired hair color is achieved. Rinse thoroughly.

5. Never mind the 4 previous steps I mentioned. Go straight to the salon if you don't want your hair to look like this:

Hahahaha. It was a disaster! I don't know if it's just because my brother's hair is just unevenly colored to start with or because I didn't apply the solution evenly. Either way, the damage is done.

The next day, this is what he looks like: Rooster hair. Lol!

P.S. Sorry for the low-quality photos, took the first 5 photos with the iTouch.

xx,
keaiism





5 comments:

  1. Learned something from this... and that's not to do it myself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know! Learned from it, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that's sweet! Thanks, Nikki! Will be visiting your blog right after I publish my reply.

    ReplyDelete