23 February 2012

"Support Group"


One time, ate My, a friend whom I haven't talked to for a long time suddenly messaged me in Facebook. I was kind of busy running through my mail that time, but after reading her messages, I dropped everything that I had to do and concentrated on chatting with her.

"Paano niyo ba napapasurvive ang LDR?"

That line was similar to what I asked ate Tan, another friend, when I heard that her boyfriend also left for the States. Flashback to my conversation with ate Tan: It was one week after C's departure, I couldn't contain my loneliness so I figured maybe I needed to let it out. I messaged some online FB friends, trying to seek for comfort and empathy. Most of them gave thoughtful and comforting replies, but it was only ate Tan who knew how I really felt because she is also in long distance relationship. Our conversation flooded with her pieces of advice, which I greatly appreciate. Those were the things I needed that time.

Fast forward to my conversation with ate My: She told me that she also messaged her FB friends seeking for the same things I sought for two weeks ago. Talking to her very much reminded me of my previous conversation with ate Tan. This time, I was the one giving advice. We exchanged rants and stories about how our current situations are affecting our own relationships. I enjoyed talking to her because I felt normal.

It's great to know that more than the pieces of advice, talking to people with the same situation as yours makes you feel that you are not alone and that there are people who also goes through the same sacrifices that you make. Maybe that's what support groups are for -- keeping your sanity intact.

P.S. If you are reading this, hi ate Tan and ate My! Haha. Thanks again. ;)

xx,
keaiism

7 comments:

  1. wow. another nurse blogger! siguro nga ganyan na tayo kadami coz i always stumble on a LOT of nurse bloggers on the internet! and i've made it a point to follow every single one ^__^

    hence, i am following you dear! it would be great if you could follow me back as well ;)

    and talking about LDR, im not a believer of that kind of relationship. well, that was until i moved in cavite and left the boyfriend in CDO. i had no choice but to believe in it. at first, it wasn't easy but as time went by, i realized the love was great than the distance ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, colleague! Yes, I'd follow back. Thanks!

      It's good to know that your LDR is working well. God bless to the both of you. <3

      Delete
  2. hi there kiara! am surprised when I read your profile, we are somewhat the same! i love the way you write and about the LDR thing, it's really a hard thing but if you are both committed to each other I guess things would work out well :D

    btw- come drop by my blog if you have time and maybe follow each other if you like, thanks!

    http://smallfrequentdressing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roxanne! Thanks for dropping by :) And by saying "we are somewhat the same", you mean? I am excited to hear from you. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be moving to the States soon and will be leaving behind my boyfriend here. I had a choice though, but I see a good future there and I have always dreamed of it. I will miss him, more than he could possibly comprehend, but I think that distance is healthy just as long as your love for each other is sincere and true and not just one of those puppy love. It ignites a fiery passion once you reunite and it would be a good test of faith for each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree to everything you said. Being in a relationship like ours requires extra love, trust, and effort. But everything is worth all the sacrifices when the relationship works out. I can't wait for me and my boyfriend to reunite again. I wish yours well. ;)

      Delete