23 April 2012

To Infinitea and Beyond

I didn't have work last Saturday so to battle the boredom and to give our aircon a few hours rest, I tugged my brother along to go to Infinitea, the newest tea shop in the city. It was supposed to open last week (April 15) but for some reason, it only opened last Friday, April 20. Infinitea is situated on the 2nd floor of MetroPlaza Dagupan City, just beside YohFroz. The place was small yet welcoming; the white and lime green interiors give the place a crisp, fresh, and perky ambiance. They serve a wide array of teas, frappuccinos, fruit juices, and even yogurt slushes. I tried the Wintermelon milk tea while my brother had the Taro milk tea. From what I've heard, you can choose how sweet you want your tea to be, which is good for the calorie-counting tea-lovers out there.


But what I love about Infinitea the most are the different games and puzzles they offer for free. Since they had no wifi yet, we tried playing with the Brain Twister puzzle game. My brother and I had a blast playing that we lost track of time. We spent 2 hours trying to figure out which piece goes where. It was fun!

 With Migi
We solved all 20 designs. Yay us!

Nowadays, we spend most of our time using the internet (social networking, online gaming, etc) that we forget about the classic games we used to play way back then. And with the presence of wifi in almost every place we go (like for an instance, in a restaurant), we tend to focus more on going online to tweet or browse through our Facebook feeds rather than actually eating and having a conversation with the ones we are with. It's sad but it happens, and I am guilty of doing it.

From today's experience, here's what I have to say:
The modern technology is supposed to bring people together through its innovations in communication, but sometimes, we tend to prioritize our cyber lives more than reality. I suggest that we all give our mobile devices a break from the free wifi services when out with our loved ones and spend real quality time with all of them. I'm sure it would make a difference. ;)

xx,
keaiism

No comments:

Post a Comment