12 February 2012

Beachesz

Still groggy from sleep, I glanced at my calendar to check for today's schedule. I got excited by what I saw, it was February 13, my college barkada's anniversary. The thought of it made me smile and reminisce about how we started as a group. Let me tell you our story...

It was February 13, 2009, we were in Ma'am McVea's English class. I didn't know how or who started it but I was hearing invites to go clubbin' that night. Since I was a transferee from another section, I needed to socialize and make friends with my new classmates, thus, I decided to come with them. After our class, we finalized our plans in the corridors of the SDV building. Next thing I remember, I was in Sasa's apartment in Espanya, having my hair curled by her sister, ate Jela. After prepping, we headed to the Temple Bar in Greenbelt 2. From then, I can only recall a few things that had happened that night, like: 

1) Eight gorgeous ladies owning the night (Leds, Limbo, Eunice, Gray, Es, Sasa, Tin, and yours truly)
2) Sipping on vodka while having chitchats on the round table in the middle of the dance floor
3) That crazy Korean guy who danced with us
4) The bench in Greenbelt where we all had our solo pictures taken
5) And who would ever forget: Eunice, who was reprimanded by the guard after she was seen dancing on top of the couch. Hahaha.

That crazy night, my friends, was the start of our happy friendship. And because we were together from Feb13-14, we decided to have our anniversary on both dates 'cause we are awesome like that. From then on, we hung out as a group in school, eating lunch together and going home at the same time.

Our 1st date was followed by an outing in Batangas. For me, this was the real bonding experience. It was our first out-of-town escapade, our first 21-passenger van ride, first non-stop karaoke night, first bonfire, and a lot more. And since the setting was on the beach, someone (i can't remember) thought of the name "Beachesz" for our group.

Being CEU nursing students, we didn't have time for out-of-town trips all the time. I remember one semester when we had our SHED subject. We were either absent or asleep in class because we partied the night before. Hihi.

Throughout the years, we've gathered a lot of memories worth remembering. Zambales, Batangas, Laguna, Manor, Dolce, Glorietta, Eastwood, Isla, Drew's, Tides, everywhere, even at school or the houses we stayed in during our tambays, foodtrips, or inumans. But being humans, we had our share of problems and misunderstandings, too. When I think of it now, I just laugh about how sensitive and shallow-minded we once were. All the problems just made our friendship stronger.

I couldn't imagine my college life without them. They're the icing to the cake. I will never forget all the memories we've shared, the good or the bad. Thank you and I'm looking forward to see all of you soon.

Happy 3rd anniversary to us, I love you all! :)

xx,
keaiism


No comments:

Post a Comment