17 February 2012

On duty

I've been trying to update my blog everyday, but time is not on my side for the past few days, thus, this late post. I am now working as a Volunteer Nurse in Pangasinan Provincial Hospital (PPH). I've been on duty for 2 days now, and there's not much to share. I'm currently assigned in the Delivery Room, along with 6 other nurses. My 1st day was exciting, I did my first (real) charting for a patient, administered IV and IM meds, did some paperwork, started an IV line, assisted deliveries, and ran errands. My 2nd day was boring, I stayed in the recovery room to monitor postpartum patients all day.

2nd day photos:


With Ma'am Ellery, Sir Jeff, Sir Dearmin, Sir Mike


5-kilo baby! Isn't she the cutest? Grr!

2 comments:

  1. i worked as a volunter nurse too but it only lasted for three months. guess nursing is just not for me. now, i am happier to work for something i have passion on =) but still, i am looking forward to practice my profession so that the investment my parents placed on me wouldn't go to waste.

    good luck on your duty days ahead! hope it all goes well with all the learnings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that you're enjoying your work now. But if you're really happy with what you're doing, I guess you should stick to it, your parents would still be proud of you. :)

    Thanks! Good luck on yours, too.

    ReplyDelete